All of these lines across my face - tell you the story of who I am - so many stories of where I've been - and how I got to where I am - but these stories don't mean anything - when you've got no one to tell them to - it's true - I was made for you. B. Carlile

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Into The Wild

“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity...”  - John Muir

We started our hike at Branham Lake.
 





A track...dog or bear? We're not sure. But no worries, we forgot the bear spray.

Our first stop is that saddle.



Branham Lake where we parked.
Bell Lake

Mountains goats on next ridge

He somehow always at least one good blister.


Heading to boulder field

Thompson Reservoir

Other side of boulder field...brutal.


Gniess Lake







 

My remedy for blisters.


Heading out.
 
Beautiful day. Difficult hike. Not many fish. But that's OK.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment