All of these lines across my face - tell you the story of who I am - so many stories of where I've been - and how I got to where I am - but these stories don't mean anything - when you've got no one to tell them to - it's true - I was made for you. B. Carlile

Sunday, September 11, 2011

July Visitors

"Boots, chaps and cowboy hats…. nothing else matters."

Visitors!! We love having them. After finally getting settled into our house, we were excited to welcome parents and grandparents to Montana!! The hardest thing to decide is where to take people...there is so much beauty to try to take in in a short amount of time.  We decided to head to Yellowstone and then to drive east to Cody, WY...home of Buffalo Bill Cody.  We dined at the Irma Hotel, which was built in 1902 by Buffalo Bill and he said it was "just the sweetest hotel that ever was."  Then we headed out to the Cody Stampede Rodeo where my grandfather got to fulfill a lifelong dream of "riding a bull."  The trip of course was not long enough, but we were thankful to have family make the journey to see us and the west.


Yellowstone National Park
Bare and my dad got to fish a couple days on the Gardner River.



 Herd of 30+ elk crossed river 5 yards from them.


Cody, Wyoming















 Future Rodeo Stars

Thanks for coming to Montana to see us!!!  We love and miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment