All of these lines across my face - tell you the story of who I am - so many stories of where I've been - and how I got to where I am - but these stories don't mean anything - when you've got no one to tell them to - it's true - I was made for you. B. Carlile

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Family Comes West

"No man needs a vacation so much as a man who has just had one."
Elbert Hubbard, Philistine: A Periodical of Protest, 1905

I'm pretty sure this is how my family felt (And I must admit, I did too!) after their vacation to Montana. We packed a lot into 5 days, and it was so much fun!
Hoping I can talk them into coming back next winter!



After a long morning of flying, Emmaline got really nervous when her bag was the last one!


We took a scenic drive through Ennis and Virgina City to Twin Bridges to eat dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Old Hotel.



First snow we found at top of mountain pass.


My folks

Sis and her family



Next morning, we were up early for lessons and a day in lots of snow.

Makes me smile everytime I see it!!

Before Lessons!!

Jody & Tara

Giving Bryson a little help.

My parents with all grandkids


She sees me taking her picture, and stops and poses :)

End of Day 1...got this down now!!
Stopped at Georgetown Lake on the way out.


Ice Fishing


Day #2
Colder so we had to put on the layers!!
She LOVES to pose!!

She's going to be such a mess as a teenager!!

After Bryson's first big fall! He loved it!!

And he loved telling us about it even more!

Emmaline just laughs at him!



Whoops! We forgot to buckle him back in!!


Jody getting a ride down. Nope, didn't hurt himself.
But he did break BOTH skis!





My daddy!! Did pretty good for a 5? year old! I won't give away his age!!

Bare multitasking

Last time up. Started snowing really hard.



Hanging out at the house.


Emmaline and Bare Just Dancing


Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone





Ended our time together in Big Sky. Jody and Bare spent the day skiing while we went to see the bears and wolves. Then we all ended the day tubing in the snow.
Jody



Sawyer didn't want to go down the big slide, but she did let Bare pull her around. Spoiled!!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment