All of these lines across my face - tell you the story of who I am - so many stories of where I've been - and how I got to where I am - but these stories don't mean anything - when you've got no one to tell them to - it's true - I was made for you. B. Carlile

Sunday, May 27, 2012

"More equipment than a telephone lineman..."

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process."
~ Paul O'Neil


From the road, our house looks almost like any other on the block, BUT...
once you get on the front porch, you are reassured that you are at the Barefield household.

One night when Bare returned from an afternoon out on the water,
I found myself smiling at the items on our front porch.
Inside, I was greeted by his tying vise set up in front of the TV
and his tackle close by in case he needs to take inventory.

Two things I know for certain, my husband is a good fly-fisherman,
and he looks dang good doing it too.

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."
~ Steven Wright












"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my
fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
~Koos Brandt

2 comments:

  1. you hit the nail on the head... our front porch has more float tubes than wicker furniture now, and i have a heart attack every night I wake up to get a glass of water and turn the corner to waders hanging in the kitchen that I mistake for an intruder!

    ReplyDelete