All of these lines across my face - tell you the story of who I am - so many stories of where I've been - and how I got to where I am - but these stories don't mean anything - when you've got no one to tell them to - it's true - I was made for you. B. Carlile

Monday, March 14, 2011

Big Sky Country

"Home is where you can scratch where it itches."  unknown

So I have been meaning to write for a while now and for this and that haven't managed to come up with anything.  But now here I am in my wife's apartment with a computer that locks up and makes a lot of noises.  Normally this would frustrate me to no end but I am with Natalie for a week or so which makes this bobo laptop ok with me.  We haven't seen eachother for a few months so I have been "itching" to get out here.  Even though i am currently typing and the bachelor is bird-dogging two ladies at the moment.  I hope he picks Shantell.  (insert sarcastic sideways smiley face here)  Anyway, for reasons and happenings over the last few weeks it makes being here even sweeter.  Honestly it is kind of hard feeling at home or settled since she has moved.  (and everyone says ahhhh)

I figured that I was leaving the balmy south, where pear trees are blooming and untanned arms and legs are creeping out, and heading to Montana where there are blizzards and gray skies.  Not so.  The weather has been great and mild according to the locals.  Mild is highs in the forties.  I feel a little over dressed since everyone else is in tee shirts but I am not a local yet and the wind bites like... (can't think of anything to use as a similie but the bite is sharp).  Thanfully we have been able to get out some and play.  Mostly with our friends we met this past summer.  Interestingly they are from Mobile and Panama City.  This is them: Chris and Amy

Here are a few pics:
This is the Ruby River.


Chris W. with a fish on.


I lucked into one as well.


A Ruby River Brown.




These are a few of us skiing.  Wasn't able to get any of me actually skiing because I spent most of the time on my rear.






Then we tried our hands as photogs and attempted some scenic shots.  These are a few of our favorites.









And then we took it inside to the place where we could both have fun.  A place that can be totally frustrating and cause much conflict....


the kitchen!!!!  We tried a few new dishes and I think we succeeded. 

The first is Natalie's Lamb chop. 



And this is my pan-seared tuna with tempura vegetables.



We still have a week to go so maybe there will be more to add to the trip.  But for now the dude just got slammed by the "woman of his dreams" and its my turn to catch up on some Community.  bye now.

3 comments:

  1. This made me smile and say ahhh. And you are right, he did get slammed by the woman of his dreams. Hope to come visit yall in that beautiful country one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you remember to bring natalie some chick-fil-a sauce... that stuff's important you know. lance and i have recently set up a plan to start hoarding our own. your pics are beautiful... that last scenic one doesn't even look real. total postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Julia... what a great photo. Could you email it to me? It will be my spring desktop background.

    ReplyDelete