All of these lines across my face - tell you the story of who I am - so many stories of where I've been - and how I got to where I am - but these stories don't mean anything - when you've got no one to tell them to - it's true - I was made for you. B. Carlile

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Simple Things & Times

Andy: Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.                -Toy Story 3

While people are talking about cars being covered in pollen and allergy season being in full force in Alabama…my car is covered by soft white snow here in Montana and winter has not given up yet!  Snow is in the forecast, and needless to say, this is an adjustment for this south Alabama girl.  The cold and being far away while my hometown mourns the loss of a beautiful woman and child definitely made me miss family and friends, so my husband’s recent visit was much needed and restoring for me. 

We spent most of our time doing the simple things that we love...cooking, watching movies, reading, and hanging out with the Williamsons.  I guess these are the things that married couples do who don’t have kids.  In January before Bare left I told him to tell me one thing he wanted me to learn to cook, and all of things, he came up with lamb chops.  I attempted, and they were pretty tasty.  Now, it’s been requested from the other Chris that I learn to make Beef Wellington.  These boys have fine palates, but I am hoping Tyler Florence will treat me well with his recipe.

Cowboys seem to be a theme lately…from the brave Woody in Toy Story 3 to Marlboro Man in the book Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond, the famous Pioneer Woman/Blogger.   Molly (Happy Birthday, by the way!) recommended it, and it proved to be a great easy read!  Toy Story 3 came through Netflix…wow, what an emotional, touching movie even though the Evil Dr. Porkchop and Lotso the bear were somewhat disturbing.  It too, made me miss the comforts of home and especially miss our fun and active nieces and nephews! It made me remember the simple times of childhood and the pleasure of using your imagination, which is something most of us forget to do when we “grow up.” 



I was so thankful Bare got to come and these were some of the simple things I loved about him being here:
When he shares his Milky Way Dark with me…when I should have just bought my own
Trying new recipes
Watching Toy Story 3 and Community
Snow skiing together


I’m heading home in a few weeks  and I’m looking forward to these simple times…
Meeting my nephew…William Triston and playing with the other four
Cooking with my grandmothers and aunt
Visiting with my friends
Going on boat ride with mama and daddy and eating a chili dog from “Wilson’s Landing”
Spending time with my sweet sister

Natalie:  Now Bare, he’s been my best friend for a really long time.  He’s brave, like a husband should be.  And thoughtful, and smart.  But the thing that makes Bare special, is he’ll never give up on you…ever.  He’ll be there for you, no matter what. 
I think Bare’s friends and family would agree with this as well.  I love you and see you soon.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you wrote that for Bare! Such a sweet wife! Thanks for the bday shout. I wish we were closer so we could celebrate together! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe me if I told you that I sat down, watched Toy Story 3 and liked it? Me neither but it's true.....good movie. It was refreshing to see they still make decent kid movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me miss you even more! can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! :) Love you...why

    ReplyDelete