All of these lines across my face - tell you the story of who I am - so many stories of where I've been - and how I got to where I am - but these stories don't mean anything - when you've got no one to tell them to - it's true - I was made for you. B. Carlile

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kicking and Screaming!!!


HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.  
     William Butler Yeats


"We are not bloggers."  "But you read blogs all the time."  "So."  "Well we can let people know what's going on with us since we are moving."  "Why can't we talk to them on the phone or email"?  "Talking on the phone would require you to stay up later than 8:30."  Then silence.  A point well made.  I am not sure if these are the exact words that came out of our mouths, they are close enough.  One of us wanting to share our lives with our loved ones while the other one is worried about his/her reputation as a (insert tough/hard adjective here) person.  Someone who revels and being non-techy, while secretly becoming more so.  You can guess which one is which.  She will most likely have very well thought out posts.  He will probably ramble and write with grammar that will offend elementary school teachers. 

Anyway, we have started this thing to tell stories.  These stories will probably come in many forms but the point is the same.  We want to share our lives.  I still say that sharing our lives is best done in person, but new developments will make it a tad more difficult.  Indeed these stories will be awesome...and boring.  Good...and bad.  Brilliant...and dumb.  Kind of representative of life I hope.  That is what friends and loved ones endure with each other; the beautiful along with the ugly.  I think that is what is great about relationships: they don't end in the bad.  Some may say they grow stronger.


My hope is that there isn't a theme with this blog.  I hope we can post about anything and everything.  Whether its photography, books, movies, hobbies, family, friends, traveling, likes, dislikes, etc.  I guess that is why i like the title "ramble on". 

7 comments:

  1. Yeah!! can't wait to hear about all your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Miss you guys and so excited that I will get to keep up with you this way:)

    Love you both!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see, its been a few years since blogs went mainstream... meaning it is time for Chris Barefield to join the party. Welcome to the club, Chris and Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is one of the many reasons why I like the two of you. Keepin' it the realest as always. Bare, I'd like for us to be blog friends. There I said it. Love you guys. Can't wait to see you sooner rather than later. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen it all! How come I had to find out about this via my wife? I see you almost everyday Chris in person and via email chats....how come this never entered the conversation? Oh well, I think it is just dandy. I look forward to the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments. A couple of things: 1. Molly I am hesitant in going into this new world. It maybe a little to early for me to commit to having "blog friends." We'll see. 2. Lanier, it is sort of like a secret that you keep that you really want someone to find out without you telling them. That is why I got Natalie to tell her lady friends. In a sense knowing that it would spread like wildfire.

    ReplyDelete